Here is one of my favorite recipes that I use every year at Thanksgiving! I have adapted this recipe from several others I have found in books and online. I hope you enjoy it!
*Thanksgiving* Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
Prep – 30 minutes | Cook – 45 minutes | Ready in – 4 Hours, Preferably overnight
My layered cheesecake is pretty much always a hit! Perfect dessert for cheesecake lovers, and pumpkin pie lovers too! I layer my cake with a thin layer of plain cheesecake and a bigger layer of pumpkin cheesecake to balance out the taste. Serve with whipped cream on the top!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (makes it easier to buy pre made, but you can prepare your own crust if you wish)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I use libbys)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- Take Cream Cheese out of package and put into bowl. Leave out to get to room temperature, it needs to be soft before making your cheesecake!!
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugars and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Make sure you do not over beat, but make sure it's smooth with no lumps. Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Remove 1 cup of cream cheese batter and spread into bottom of crust.
- Add pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg to the remaining batter and stir gently until well blended. Carefully spread over the batter in the crust to create a second top layer. Essentially the bottom thinner layer is plain cheesecake and the top is a thicker layer of pumpkin
- *Optional, but HIGHLY Recommended – Fill a shallow baking dish with about 1 inch of hot water and wrap cheesecake pan in foil. Place the cheesecake in the dish in the water. Baking in a water bath helps the cheesecake bake evenly and avoid cracking.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or when the center is almost set. The sides should be firm but the center just a little "jiggly".
- Allow it to cool (I open my oven door just a little bit with it turned off and leave it in there an hour), then refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Serve with whipped cream!
Some deals on ingredients listed above to help you save a little when buying for your cake!
Looks like Safeway has Kraft Philly Cream Cheese BOGO Free this week until 11/15.
Starting 11/16 Kroger will have Kroger Cream Cheese on sale 10/$10!
Until 11/16 Giant Eagle stores have Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese for only $1.25
Aldi has their brand cream cheese for $.89 through 11/15, and Albertsons Brand is only $1 through the 15th as well.
Kroger deal through 11/15 – Buy 2 Domino Granulated Sugar (4 lb) $1.99
- Use $0.75/2 Domino Granulated Sugar products (10/16 RP), kroger will double up to $1
Final Price: $2.98 or $1.49 ea!
This post may contain affiliate & advertising links. Clicking on these links helps support That Frugal Girl. Read our Disclosure for more information.