Everyone wants to save money and budgeting can sometimes seem like a daunting task. It doesn't have to be difficult, in fact there is plenty of simple ways to save more money daily. Below you will find 8 Ways to Save Money Instantly and have some extra cash to help pay off debt or splurge a little bit on yourself!
- Use Coupons. Coupons can save you more money than you ever thought possible! There is no shame in using a coupon – I can't understand why someone wouldn't. Save money instantly on every day purchases and household staples by clipping and printing coupons.
- Buy it used. Try Craigslist, Ebay, Newspaper Classifieds, etc. Buying used whenever possible will save you money instantly.
- Drive Less. Driving less = less gas = less money spent. Think about all of those extra trips you take for things you forgot. Take a list with you to the store and try to shop only once or twice a month. Walk and bike whenever possible – it's good for you!
- DIY. Some of those home repair projects you can probably do yourself with a little instruction easily found on the internet. Google is your friend! Plus, there is plenty of DIY projects you can do like Homemade Laundry Detergents that will save you hundreds of dollars a year.
- Get cheaper Car Insurance. When shopping for car insurance, make sure to get as many quotes as possible. Automobile insurance coverage varies from one company to the next and can be considerably less for the exact same coverage. I don't recommend going with some No Name Company, however companies like Esurance and Direct often offer much lower rates than other leading insurance companies.
- Buy Direct. This is especially true for things like Hotel rooms and Airline Tickets. When purchasing hotel rooms and plane tickets almost always is it best to buy direct. Going through travel sites like Orbitz and Expedia can prove to save you money, however in most cases going to the hotel directly (via website or phone) or the airlines website will yield more savings. Eliminate the middle man and save money instantly.
- Travel a little. While on the topic of travel and airplane tickets, traveling a little out of the major city to a smaller city and a smaller airport can save your a lot of money. Take my trip to California a few years ago for example. A flight from Tampa Florida to LA Airport was around $600 round trip (about 1 week before travel). I booked my flight to Ontario Airport which is only about 45 minutes away and paid a little more than half of that!
- Shop around for your mortgage. If you own a home now and are renewing your mortgage or you are getting a mortgage for the first time, be sure to shop around and haggle a bit. A difference of 0.25% on your APR can seriously save you thousands over the course of your term.
What simple ways do you practice to save money and budget? Share below!
This post may contain affiliate & advertising links. Clicking on these links helps support That Frugal Girl. Read our Disclosure for more information.